Click here to watch my segment on Tailgating looks for Good Morning Texas:
So unless you live under a rock in Dallas, you know this is TEXAS vs OU weekend! It is the Red River Rivalry showdown at Fair Park in Dallas. So in honor of this long honored Texas tradition we did a segment on tailgating fashions for the game. This is the Southwest, so everyone including the football fashionistas take their game wear VERY SERIOUS!
So here are some important things to remember when you are tailgating or going to a game:
1. Wear the color of the team you are cheering for. It doesnt have to be over the top, but you do need the color to be the most defining item that stands out in a crowd.
2. Make sure you research what the record for the team and know a little bit of trivia about what has happened in the season to make small talk at the tailgate.
3. BOOTS or BOOTIES are the required shoes for a game! Even if it is hot outside, you pair your boots with cut offs or a summer dress.
4. Cross over bags are super comfy and trendy for a tailgate or game. It keeps you looking on trend, your hands are free to cheer, eat or drink and you dont have to lug your huge handbag around. Plus a lot of times the stands are super crowded and you have limited space to carry extra stuff.
5. Think oustide the box, if you dont like gameday tees and jeans, incorporate the color into your wardrobe in a way that represents the team but has your own individual style on it.
6. Wear a print that has the color so you can wear it any time and not just for the games.
7. Dress up your gameday tee with a cute statement necklace.
8. Dress more casual for a daytime game and more dressed up for a night time game.
9. Never wear heels, but replace them with a comfortable wedge that goes from day to night but still comfortable.
10. Be comfortable but not sloppy, you can be comfortable and cute cheering on your team!
A big THANK you to http://gamedaycloth.com/ and http://flirtboutique.prohost.mobi/ www.womensfashionsdallas.comfor all the fabulous tailgating looks! You MUST check out their cool boutiques when putting your gameday look together and they also have really cool designers just to shop as well.
Blessings to u!